Making apple pie? Need a quick snack? Learn the fastest and simplest way to remove the core. Watch this video to learn how to core an apple.
Step 1. Cut the core
Center the corer over the apple's stem end, pierce the apple, and push the corer all the way through. If you don't have a corer, push a paring knife through the apple and cut around the core.
If you don't need to keep the apple whole, cut the apple in half and remove the core from each half using a melon baller or a spoon.
Step 2. Remove the core
Pull out the corer, which will take the apple core with it. If you used a paring knife, remove it and push the core through the bottom of the apple with your fingers.
Step 3. Clean out remaining core
Turn the apple over and remove any excess core from the bottom.
FACT: The only apple that is native to North America is the crabapple. Most apple varieties originated in Asia.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades