Freezing is a great way to preserve the nutrients and lengthen shelf-life of food. No need to waste extra apples from the fall. Freeze your apples to be used in a variety of ways at the date of your choosing.
Freeze apples to pack the freshness of autumn into your homemade pies and other tasty delights all year long.
You Will Need
* Coring tool
* Kitchen knife
* Vitamin C
* Freezer containers or bags
Step 1: Gather apples
Make sure your apples are ripe, without blemishes, and of good quality.
Use apple varieties suggested for baking to get the best results.
Step 2: Wash, core, and peel apples
Wash the apples to remove any pesticide residue and dirt, and then remove their skins and core them.
Step 3: Cut the apples
Quarter the apples, or slice them into about 12 pieces per medium-sized apple. Apples may also be frozen whole.
Step 4: Prevent discoloration
Prevent discoloration by tossing the apples in a mixture of 1,500 milligrams vitamin C and 3 tablespoons water.
Test freeze several varieties before preparing a large batch so you can learn which variety suits your taste.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades