Gourmet food editor Melissa Roberts talks about key limes here. Key limes are much smaller than the conventional limes that you usually see at supermarkets. When they go out of season they become a little dry, their peak season being spring. They're picked off trees when they're dark-green but they're not ripe yet, they are ripe when they become pale green. As they are so small it can be tricky juicing them. A reamer can be used but it is better to use a citrus squeezer, there is a smaller one made especially for key limes. Put the key lime face down into the open citrus squeezer with its holes facing towards a bowl, now just give it a gentle squeeze and that's it. If you don't have a citrus squeezer then you can just use a fork. Stick the fork into the fruit and just squeeze it with your hands. Now you know how to juice a key lime.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades