1. Peel the mango from top to bottom. Using the Y-shaped peeler, work your way around the mango, removing the skin. If the fruit is not quite ripe, keep peeling it away until the pulp is bright yellow. As you expose more pulp, use a paper towel to hold the peeled mango so it doesn't slip out of your hand. Peel away the tips. 2. Determine the tallest line of the mango. Place the mango on the cutting board and find the side that seems the tallest. the pit will be sitting along that line. 3. Slice in half, avoiding the pit. Holding the mango with a paper towel, position the chefs knife, aiming it at the center of the fruit; you may need to adjust the angle of the knife if you find that you hit the pit. Slice the sides off the mango, avoiding the pit. 4. Cut around the pit. Holding the fruit vertically, trim the remaining flesh off the pit. 5. Slice the cut halves. Finish the mango by slicing the pieces horizontally into smaller wedges.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades