If you love coconuts, coconut water or even coconut meat, you should know how to open one up. This HowTo video tutorial shows you an easy way to open a coconut without making a mess.
You have to hold the coconut in your hand If you put the coconut on the counter or somewhere else, it will most likely roll away, the cleaver will slip from your hands and fall on your foot and cause some sort of medical emergency.
You don't have to draw it, but map out a square with lines halfway between the pointy part of the coconut to the outer circle.
Chop away! Make one, clean, solid, chop for each side of your square. You have to hold the coconut in your hand or you won't get good strikes. If you have two left hands, then you should just give up right now. Don't blame me! Use enough force to get through the skin and strike the shell. If you don't, a couple of things will happen: 1. you won't be able to peel off the skin and 2. the shell won't crack open.
With good, solid chops you'll have cut out a square from the top of the coconut.
Drop in a bendy straw and a teaspoon and you're done! Sip out the water (yes that's the official term) and use the spoon to dig out the tender meat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades