Get a taste of the tropics by learning how to prepare a delicious pineapple. Watch this video to learn how to peel and cut a pineapple.
You Will Need
* A chef's knife
* And a ripe pineapple
* A paring knife
* And an apple corer
Step 1. Cut off the ends of the pineapple
Cut off the leafy top and the base using a chef's knife.
Step 2. Cut off the rind in large strips
Stand the pineapple on its bottom and slice away the rind in large strips, cutting deeply enough to remove the brown eyes without losing too much fruit.
Use a paring knife to cut out any remaining brown eyes.
Step 3. Cut the fruit away from the core
Cut the pineapple away from its core in large strips and discard the core. Or, slice the peeled pineapple horizontally into rings and use an apple corer to remove the core from each slice.
Step 4. Cut into chunks and serve
Cut the peeled strips of pineapple into chunks and serve.
FACT: Christopher Columbus was one of the first Europeans to taste pineapple.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades