Learn how to crack open a coconut. Release this tropical treat from its hard-as-a-rock shell without needing a machete.
You Will Need
* An ice pick or clean nail
* A large bowl
* A hammer or a large butcher knife
* A cookie sheet
* And a spoon
Step 1. Preheat oven
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2. Pierce the dots
Pierce the three indentations on the top of the coconut using either an ice pick or a long, clean nail. Do this over a bowl in the sink so you can catch the coconut water.
Drink the coconut water or save it and use it for cooking.
Step 3. Crack it
Hit the middle of the coconut with a hammer or with the blunt side of the knife blade. Hit it firmly, but don't whack it. Rotate the coconut, continuing to hit it at the equator with the hammer or the knife. Eventually, it'll split in two at the center.
Step 4. Put it in the oven
Put the two halves on a cookie sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes. This will help the meat separate more easily from the shell. Use a spoon to scoop out the meat.
Step 5. Enjoy!
Shred it, grate it, or just pop it in your mouth and enjoy!
FACT: Coconut water was used as a substitute for saline drip on injured soldiers in World War II.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades